School of Foreign Languages
Measurement and Evaluation Unit
Measurement and Evaluation Office
The mission of the Measurement and Evaluation Office is to provide accurate service to the School of Foreign Languages in the areas of test scoring, data analysis, and educational research.
- Measurement and Evaluation Office provides assistance in coordination with the testing unit to improve the quality of education and programs of School of Foreign Languages.
- Measurement and Evaluation Office is responsible for analyzing scores, reporting scores, and maintaining records for a variety of tests.
- Measurement and Evaluation Office assists in the development of data collection instruments, provides assistance in designing research projects, and produces research reports.
After the administration of the exams,
- The Result Lists which show the test scores of all students taken from the exam and the statistical analysis of the data
- The Class Performance Lists showing the students’ test scores and statistical results of each class
- The Subject Analysis Tables which show the weaknesses, if there are any, so that the instructors can do remedial practice
- The item difficulty and discrimination indices of the items
- The Distractor Analysis that shows the distribution of the answers to the distractors
With the help of the statistical results acquired, the unit aims to enable the teaching staff to provide their students with "mastery learning" by giving feedback on the diagnosed weak areas.