School of Foreign Languages
SFL Bologna Committee (BEK)
Izmir University of Economics
School of Foreign Languages
Bologna Eşgüdüm Komisyonu (BEK)
Responsibilities & Workflow for Course Proposals
Revised: 27 March, 2019
Submit the Course Introduction and Application Form to the relevant coordinator by the end of February for the Fall semester and by the end of September for the Spring semester. This is to allow the SFL BEK Committee members sufficient time to fully consider your proposal.
Refer to the following guidelines while preparing your proposal:
- use measurable verbs to assess learning outcomes,
- ensure that these measurable verbs correspond to the assessment criteria,
- ensure a maximum of 4 ECTS credits allocated to the course, and align the workload accordingly,
- specify the resources used in the “Required Materials” as shown in the attached sample Course Introduction and Application Form,
- specify the semester activities in the “Subjects” column,
- ensure that only the assessed semester activities are listed in the “Assessment”
- receive approval from the coordinator regarding the course content.
NEW COURSE PROPOSALS (Sample Course Outline Form)
- Review the proposal and approve it, paying close attention to the following components:
- Learning Outcomes
- ensure that the lecturer has used measurable verbs to assess learning outcomes and that these measurable verbs correspond to the assessment criteria
- ECTS/Workload Table
- ensure that the lecturer has allocated a maximum of 4 ECTS credits to the course, and aligned the workload accordingly
- Subjects/ Required Materials
- ensure that the lecturer has specified the resources used in the “Required Materials” as shown in the attached sample Course Introduction and Application Form
- ensure that the lecturer has specified the semester activities under “Subjects”
- check if the lecturer has ensured that only the assessed semester activities are listed in the “Assessment”
- Submit the proposal to the SFL Directorate with the cover letter for approval,
- Re-submit the revised Course Outline Form (Syllabus) to BEK if the Senate asks for a revision.
Approval requirements for revised syllabi;
Requires SFL Board & Senate approval
ONLY requires SFL BEK approval
*It is at the coordinator’s discretion whether to offer the approved course in the upcoming semester based upon the availability of lecturers.
SFL Directorate Responsibilities
- Review, in consultation with BEK, the proposed Course Outline Form,
- Submit the course proposal to the Senate with the SFL Board decision,
- Send the course proposal back to the coordinator for review if the Senate requests a revision.
- Review the proposal for proper formatting and ensure that the lecturer makes the necessary changes if any; then submit to the SFL Secretariat for SFL Board approval.
- Submit the revised proposal to the SFL Secretariat if the Senate asks for a revision.
SFL BEK Committee Members
- Lecturer Buket KASALI
- Lecturer Arzu YABACI
Bologna Eşgüdüm Komisyonu (BEK) Proposal Workflow for New Courses
NEWS |ALL NEWS
‘Mexican’ breeze on campus
Izmir University of Economics (IUE) hosted the photography exhibition titled, ‘Life Chronicles’, which is about the diaries of Mexican painters Frida Kahlo
An exemplary success for Turkey in foreign language education
Proving its quality of education in foreign languages once again, Izmir University of Economics (IUE) became the first university to be accredited
We are very proud to announce that IUE SFL Prep Program is the first in Turkey to receive 5-year accreditation status from
They rolled up sleeves for quality language education
The Association for Language Education, Evaluation and Accreditation (DEDAK), which works to improve the quality of language education in Turkey, has been
IUE academics are on their way to Belgium
5 academics from Izmir University of Economics (IUE) will participate in the training program that the European Union (EU) started with the
IUE academics became pioneers
The academics of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) pioneered the structuring of organizations that guide the professional development of English teachers in
'Digital' education for English teachers
Izmir University of Economics (IUE) School of Foreign Languages carried out a joint project with Izmir Provincial Directorate of National Education in
Turkish cuisine should be promoted globally
Famous Italian Chef Danilo Zanna was the guest of Izmir University of Economics ITL 350 Italian Gastronomy Terminology course.